Here are a few reasons … so many more:
- Our God authored it and only he can alter it.
- We are incapable of knowing God without it.
- It is impossible to obey God without it.
- Our redemption is found in it.
- Our potential is defined by it.
- Our future is shaped by it.
- Our world needs what is in it!
God’s Word is placed in our lives to enable us to live the best life possible! It is our roadmap for life! You can’t take out the parts you don’t like or believe … we should embrace all of it because as Paul told Timothy … the word is good.
1 Peter 1:25: “The word of the Lord stands forever.”
Hebrews 6:5 declares that “God’s word is good.”
2 Timothy 2:9: “God’s Word is not chained.”
It cannot be chained … nothing can stop God’s Word … that’s why we have to place it deep with our hearts!!! The Bible helps us GROW TOWARDS becoming like Jesus!