Dealing with Disappointment
Life is filled with amazing moments, but there will also be times of disappointment. I know that I have faced disappointment via friends, fam, circumstances, poor decisions and even my heroes!
A few thoughts about dealing with disappointment:
- Learn from life’s defeats. Some of the greatest defeats will result in bringing you to the exact point where God needs/wants you to be.
- Expect the unexpected. There are two things you will never be able to figure out: (1) Life and (2) People. We cant see the future! Life is unexpecting!
- Recharge with the right friendships. Don’t hang with people who “suck” … the life out of you. Spend time with those who encourage and support you.
- Don’t try and rewrite history. You can’t change your past. You can live in the present and create your God-given future.
- Trust God. Even in the disappointments of life God is able to be trusted. When life doesn’t make sense God still does.
I am totally working on the above.