Lessons from a Truly Great Pastor
About 30 Pastors from Long Island and NJ were asked to meet with Pastor Jim Cymbala @ The Brooklyn Tab. What an amazing experience! What an amazing pastor!
Here are some of my learnings from the mouth of Pastor Cymbala:
1. God very seldom shows you the whole picture, he usually gives you just a nudge.
2. Increase your faith.
3. You will have to delegate based on your talent.
4. If your people don’t meet God they will be in trouble – no matter how organized you are.
5. People will not come to church because they are supposed to.
6. You can’t advertise a feast if there is no food on the table.
7. Preach shorter and simpler.
8. Always ask God if there is a better way to do what you are doing.
9. Ministry is about healing pain – personal, private pains.
It was so amazing. Ministry-changing.