Sunday Vitals (9.7.08)
What a Sunday? I have learned that in church planting you must always expect the unexpected. You never know what is going to happen.
Here’s the Readers Digest:
1. Worship Leader A got sick on Friday – replaced him with Worship Leader B.
2. Worship Leader B gets sick on Sunday.
3. Sound Team has some technical difficulties during rehearsal.
4. Everything is behind schedule.
5. Small volunteer staff arrives on time.
6. Guitarist breaks string 2 songs in – he has no extras!
7. Worship Team tells me they can’t go on.
8. I say, “I can’t speak for an hour.”
9. I spoke 32 minutes (longest @ The Point).
10. Service ended after only 55 minutes.
If you blinked on Sunday you would have missed it all!
Here’s the vitals:
1. 76 people (including 5 children)
2. 1 first time guest
LEADERSHIP LESSON: God will not give you more than you are prepared for!
We have made several adjustments so it never happens again. A good day, with many interesting twists and turns.