Learnings from Houston
Houston came at a great time for me. I needed the difference in scheduling and location in order to simply listen to God. I love it.
Here are some of the things I learned in no particular order:
- New churches grow 23x’s faster than existing churches.
- New churches have 3-4x’s more conversions than existing churches.
- New sites create greater outreach.
- As bad as you want your church to grow God wants it more.
- Take risks on emerging leaders and artists.
- Some of the best pastors are in your seats.
- You must be willing to pay the costs (calling, prayer, team, discipleships, marketing, missional, systems, etc)
- Jesus must be the center of EVERYTHING. Church is about Jesus!!!
Getting away helps clear your head to really hear from God. I have come back to Long Island with a renewed passion and vision to GO FOR IT!!!