Vision Summit: A Success
Last night we held our first ever Vision Summit @ The Point. It was an incredible experience as we heard people pray for our church! I love listening to people’s prayers – they reveal their passions. Nick, Micki and I shared our heart and passion for The Point in 2009. We shared our 11 goals for this new year … BIG goals … BIG dreams … BIG ideas.
Here they are …
1. Launch our mid-week Spiritual Growth Experience – “Unplugged” – God made us to grow spiritually. Unplugged is our first initiative in our Spiritual Growth Process.
2. Strengthen PointKids. If we want to reach young families we must take our children’s ministry to another level – better equipment – more volunteers – its own theater – and possibly hire a Children’s Pastor.
3. Re-Launch Couples Enrichment. Couples need to build good, healthy relationships with other Christian couples.
4. Start a College/Young Adults Monthly ministry – to help build friendships!
5. Launch our next location on a Sunday Night. We have narrowed the focus to 4 areas: Babylon, Commack, Hicksville, and Seaford. Pray for the right city!
6. Secure a central office space for The Point.
7. Create more opportunities for people to build relationships – Movie Groups, Growth Groups, Dinners/Lunches, Retreats and Getaways.
8. Adopt a foreign community as our missions focus – putting our missions resources into reaching that city for God!
9. Host a Sports Camp this summer for the students of the Westbury area.
10. Give $25,000 to missions.
11. Launch Leadership University to help develop world-changers in the marketplace and the church.
They are pretty BIG, but together we can accomplish them!!!