Top Ten Learnings: Tommy Reid
Last week I was able to attend a small, invitation only conference in Syracuse, NY. About 40 pastors got together to build relationships and learn. We had the amazing privilege of hearing from Tommy Reid, Pastor of The Tabernacle in Orchard Park, NY. He has been the pastor of that great church for 45 years. You can imagine the wisdom!
- The Set Man Principle – God calls you to a geographic location
- We must effect the church, government and educational system to make an impact.
- Pray that God would give you a place and a voice in your city!
- Find out what God is doing in your community, then join Him.
- Your vision must belong to God.
- What qualifies you for success? Endurance – it is the key!!!
- There is no greater placement than beside Jesus.
- Nothing is more important in your ministry than your proximity to God.
- God wants to cover us so He can be seen.
- Real ministry is knowing God so well that you take people to meet Him.