Systems (Part 2)
Tuesday is my favorite day of the week because I spend the whole day with my family! The day off is a neglected system in most pastoral schedules. Many pastors do not keep their “sabbath” and this ultimately causes a low spiritual drive and a stifled leadership ability.
Here’s my typical goals for Tuesdays:
- Up early to exercise
- Personal devotions
- Breakfast/Lunch with Mary (my wife)
- Take Malachi (my son) to school; Pick him up
- Do errands around the house
- Play video games and wrestle with my son (yes, video games)
- Spend “floor time” with my little baby girl, Abigayl
- Have family movie time at night
I love my life and my family. I must make time for them or they will feel like I don’t care. They are my most important relationships (next to God).
What is your day off? What do you do?