What motivates you? I know the number one factor in my motivation is giving God my best. The best years of my life! The best hours in a day! The best of my family (which is all of it)! The best of my skills! The best of my love! The best of my worship! The best of my teachings! I think you get the picture!
But another motivator for me is decline! I want to make a difference – an impact! It is my desire to be an agent of change!
In the last 5 years the NY Assemblies of God have experienced some changes:
- 4.6% decline in adherents
- 4.7% decline in converts
- 13.3% decline in Girls Ministries
- 16% decline in Royal Rangers (Boys)
- 14.5% decline in Holy Spirit Baptisms
- 21.3% decline in Water Baptisms
Here’s some good news:
- 2.5% increase in new churches (add eight)
- 1.9% increase in Sunday attendance (add 835)
- 10.3% increase in Youth (add 739)
We are not keeping up with population growth! This motivates me!!! Only 8 churches in 5 years – we can do better! Only 835 more people on Sunday mornings – we can do better! Only 739 more youth – we can do better!
Is The Point giving their best? Our church can make a difference! In one year we have over 130 people @ The Point! Point ~ We can do better!!! Let’s reach Westbury and beyond … invite everyone and anyone to experience the amazing love of Jesus Christ!!!
I hope this motivates all NYers to give their best in 2009!!!! It motivates me!