Why Launch More Churches?
Many people think I am crazy! Let me shatter the mystery — YES, I AM!!! I am crazy enough to believe that God can use The Point to create communities of faith all over Long Island! Why not just shoot for a mega-church? Or build a single, healthy location? Great questions … but here is my methodology …
1. New churches reach more unchurched people than established churches!
2. New churches can become more effective in meeting the needs of a community!
3. New churches cause the kingdom to grow bigger … not churches to grow bigger.
4. New churches build excitement and creates opportunities for service.
5. New churches are naturally forced to grow via evangelism – keeps us attached to a mission.
6. New churches can scale down the size and scope of discipling.
7. New churches are Biblical (ie Acts, Romans, Corinthians … look at the NT … filled with new communities of faith).
Call me crazy! Yes, it is risky! But nothing truly worth doing comes without risk and sacrifice!
There are some more amazing ones out there … feel free to share more!!!