Oct 14, 07 >> First Public Monthly Service
It is so hard to believe that 2 years ago The Point had its first public monthly service! I still remember the feeling I had in my gut — scared to death! We had 103 people >> 3 from Westbury and 100 friends and family. I felt like a “failure” that Sunday afternoon. I had doubts. I thought: “Oh my … what did I do?”
FYI >> We don’t consider today our birthday >> Feb 17, 2008 is when we went weekly >> That’s the date we celebrate our “official” birth.
Fast forward 2 years later >> we have about 190 people who consider The Point their church and average over 100 people each Sunday. Amazing things take place when we NEVER QUIT!!!
Here’s some numbers that matter:
* 161 people have found their way to God
* 329 first time guests
* 12 different pastors have visited to “see” what we were about
So what I have learned over the last 2 years. So much of what I do is a risk! True! The Point takes risks all the time. We are trying new things – failing at some and succeeding at others.
1. Growth happens daily not in a day.
2. Everything is an experiment.
3. I am not as good as I think I am.
4. Hire your staff by faith.
5. Keep your walk with God your priority.
6. Don’t let anyone mess with your family time.
7. Stay true to what God has called you to.
8. Never give up! Trust God at all times.
9. Give money away to missions – local and global.
10. Laugh at yourself – often.
11. God still builds his church.
I love The Point >> it is a dream come to life! I can’t wait to see what it looks like in 2 more years!
Today I remember our “humble” beginnings and celebrate what God has done!!!