On February 17, 2008 a group of individuals launched The Point at Westbury. It was a big dream. A God dream. Fast-forward two years and we never would have thought we would be where we are today! Today’s our birthday and Sunday we celebrate.
1. No one can build a church. That’s God’s job. Our job is to be obedient to the plans of God. Trust him.
2. Church planting requires a team. I could not imagine starting The Point with just me. We have a great group of staff and volunteers.
3. Church planting requires multiple partnerships. The Point partnered with churches, organizations and individuals to raise the financial resources necessary to launch our church. Prior to our launch we recruited a prayer team of 150.
4. Prayer is non-negotiable. There is no way around this. You have to pray. You have to teach your church to pray. Side Note: Show your church results of prayer – share testimonies.
5. Life & Ministry are experiments. Enjoy the journey. Not everything we do will succeed. But enjoy what God is doing IN you.
6. Trust God at all times. There will be shortages in church planting – resources, personnel, volunteers, cash and space. God owns it all. He will provide for you!
7. Cast a big, large net. Share the vision that God has planted in your life with everyone. And I mean everyone. Don’t just look at the next 6 months or 5 years. Cast vision for the next 20 years. People are attracted to vision.
Just some thoughts and ramblings from a church planting practitioner on our 2nd Birthday!