I love being put in learning environments, especially unique ones. It stretches you. At least I know it stretches me! I love what God is doing in the Assemblies of God – I love being part of a group of pastors/churches focused on reaching people with God’s love.
One of the coolest things a pastor can do is “bring people with him” into a learning environment! One of my ministry mantra’s has become “don’t go if you go alone.” These are opportunities to disciple and pour into potential ministers! So glad we brought 7 critical people to this conference. I am praying it changes their outlook.
So here’s some learning points so far:
- “Raise up church planters for marketplace ministry (Terry Broadwater)
- “Heavens motivation is that none perish” (Terry Broadwater)
- “Lay foundations strong enough to bare the weight of growth” (George Wood)
- “Reaching lost people is more important than structure. Structure is still important” (George Wood)
- “Growth doesn’t necessarily mean bringing in – it often means sending out” (Joel Hunter)
- “Multi-site churches must have strong communicators – especially in the video venue” (Pete Wilson)
- “I’d rather have 1 God idea than a 1,000 good ideas” (Mark Batterson)
1/2 day today should be amazing! Can’t wait to learn from Gregg Surratt and Scott Hagan today!