Lessons on Parenting/Ministry from Brian Houston
Here are some more learnings from Brian Houston, Pastor of Hillsong. It was an amazing day of leadership. I am still inspired and am applying many of the principles to my life & ministry.
Principles of Parenting:
- Every child has their own free will. Don’t judge a parent/pastor by their kids.
- Be who you are in the pulpit and in private.
- Kids have bigger memories than you. Watch your behavior.
- You will teach by who you are.
- Don’t make your kids suffer in ministry – let them see the joy of service to God – keep them away from the pains of ministry.
- Put your kids/spouse/family OVER the ministry.
- Let your kids be kids.
- Back the authorities of your kids.
- Don’t put too much pressure or expectations on them. Hard to live up to.
- Non-negotiable – you live in my house and you will go to church.
Wow. I loved this part of our time together. Great wisdom from one of the great leaders in the Church.