3 Years of Reflections!
It is so hard to believe that The Point Church is now 3 years old. Wow! I still remember Mary and I praying about God’s direction for our lives! Now, I can’t imagine myself doing anything but what I am doing today. Someone recently told me, “You were born to plant.” I would never have said that about me before, but now I am pretty confident that I am living my full redemptive potential.
I have learned a lot about myself over the last 3 years – so here you go:
- God has a plan. It’s that simple.
- I couldn’t do what I do w/o my amazing wife, Mary.
- My family is the priority of my ministry. I love spending 4-5 nights per week at home.
- People need hope >> infuse people with hope.
- Life has no guarantees. Live in such a way that people see the SURETY we have in Christ.
- I have a long way to go in every area of my life.
- Be who you are >> Don’t replicate or duplicate!
- Sin sucks … the life out of our dreams, hopes and potential. Purity is a pre-requisite to success.
- Change is inevitable. Plan as though everything will eventually change.
- Everything is an experiment.
- You don’t have to have a big church to have big dreams.
- Be patient with God’s timing.
- Conflict is a part of life AND ministry.
- God grows ministry through growing people!
- Celebrate the “wins” of other churches and you will reach your dreams.
- Don’t hibernate – invest in relationships.
- Don’t just built your church, build the church!
- Shake of the negative things people say about you … and do it quick.
- Surround yourself with amazing leaders.
- Never give up.
- Stay true to your core values and dreams.
- “It is not by might or power, but by the Spirit of the Lord.”
22 bullets of learnings. I could go on and on, but ultimately God has changed my life in drastic ways – for the better! I can’t wait to see what God does in the next 3 years … and maybe even 30!