There is one thing that I have always worked hard at preserving and it is my integrity. Its a hard thing to build but an easy thing to lose. I know that lots of people – no matter their field/occupation – suffer from a character deficiency. A deficiency is a lack of ____________________. You can be deficient in anything, but our character should be the strength of who we are. It should be the number one thing that defines us – not our income or job or status.
Thoughts on character:
- Character is who you are when no one is watching.
- Conflict reveals your character.
- Competition reveals your character.
- Character can be earned and learned.
- Our character level is a reflection of our spiritual stamina.
- The lower the character the lower your potential.
- The higher your character the higher your potential.
- Character is best found in Jesus Christ and modeling his life.
One of the greatest compliments I have ever had was from my former boss and friend – Pastor Steve Milazzo. He always applauded my “character and creativity.” I treasure them and protect them!!!
Ephesians 5:13: “Light exposes the true character of everything” (GWT).