Well, we did something at The Point that we have never done before. Many of you know that the Northeast is being pounded by Hurricane Irene. It was projected to bring some pretty significant winds, rain and potential damage to Long Island. So in preparation for the event I made the decision to hold a Saturday morning service and cancel all Sunday services at both locations. It was a great decision.
We provided a safe option for our church and had a full-blown worship experience – kids ministries too.
What inspired me? If the NY Jets could change their game schedule based on the weather why couldn’t The Point! That is what did it for me. I wish I could say that I heard from God, but it was a definite experiment.
Would I do it again? Absolutely! In fact, I would do the same thing for a snow storm too. It is a GREAT option!