Lessons from Mark Batterson #StaffAdvance
We had the amazing privilege to spend a few hours with Mark Batterson and several members of his team for our Staff Advance. Wow. It was pretty amazing to say the least. Every one on our staff met with their counterpart at NCC for questions, communication and interaction. They loved it!!!
WHY NCC? It almost seems as if The Point and NCC have some DNA overlaps that make us very similar. I love what Mark has done and is doing. But more than that I appreciate his friendship – he is the real deal!!!
Here’s some lessons from our all team talk w/ Mark:
- Unintentional Blindness-you don’t notice bc it is in your environment
- Little things are the big things!
- Make mistakes – just don’t make the same mistakes!
- If you do the little things with excellence God will honor you with the big things!
- Every member on the team should have a voice!
- Create a culture of HONOR!
- My words can return void, but God’s Word never will!
- Getting in people’s faces a little bit more-less concerned with what people think!
- Continual Improvement – even in success there is much room for improvement!
- You can’t measure yourself by external circumstances!
- If you want God do something new in your life-you probably can’t keep doing the same thing!
- Surround your preaching with some fasting! Enter the pulpit with a sense of weakness so there is a sense of Gods authority!
- Stay humble, stay hungry! We must remain in a place of dependence on God!
- Sin will complicate your life in negative ways.
- Blessings of God will complicate your life in positive ways.
- Am I willing to have God complicate my life? (HUGE takeaway from the day!!!!!!)
- Our prayers typically have an ASAP (as soon as possible) attached when it should have an ALAT (as long as it takes)!
Here’s some ways Mark takes his leadership to the next level:
-preached Gospel more consistently and clearly
–read like a maniac
-push your thresholds
–appetite to learn
Mark shared some principles how the staff can move forward together:
–shield each other
-do what you do
–over communicate – don’t let this fall thru the cracks
-don’t internalize verbalize
–believe in each other
–honor each other
His last lesson >> Just remember I can’t believe I get paid to do this!
I can’t wait until our next #StaffAdvance! Where will it be??? Hhhmmm.