Lessons from @Chris_Hodges – ARC Roundtable
Chris Hodges is one amazing opportunistic guy – but he is also extremely strategic. I really needed his thought on finances. It was the HUGE takeaway for me from the day. All of it.
Leadership Lessons/Thoughts on Stewardship:
Every pastor wants more income/more money!
4 Values & 4 Practices
- Stewardship – manager not an owner
- Kingdom Impact
- Tithe belongs to the Lord – the 1st 10% – its a first prior to a percent
- Margin – Prov 21:20 – 2012 budget is 90% of 2011 budget – that gives margin
- Budget Discipline – set ceilings and NEVER violate itWhen opportunity knocks it is too late to prepare! Buildings should never pass 35% of expense- salaries should never surpass 35% expense
- No manipulation! None!!!
If everyone tithed we would have more than we could ever have! Everything else is a gimmick that goes beyond Gods plan of tithing!!!
3 ways in Scripture of giving:
- Tithe – that belongs to the Lord
- Offerings – when God blesses you more you invest
- Gift of giving – Romans 12
Here was the million dollar questions for me —– > If you were given $100,000 and Jesus was coming back in 4 weeks-where would you spend your money? Would you put it in the same places you are now?
Live by principle not by pressure!