Lessons from @StovallWeems – ARC Roundtable
Our church was so privileged to host one of the NY ARC Roundtables this week. What an amazing group of leaders – passionate about the Church. It was great meeting Stovall Weems, Chris Hodges, Scott Hornsby and more! These are some great men of God!!!
Let me give you a few thoughts on LEADERSHIP from the roundtable:
Grade A staff – QUALITIES – grower/ not a manager (Stovall Weems)
- Inspire – they have to be able to cast vision and inspire ppl
- Build – they have to be able to build TEAM
- Problem Solve – they must create solutions
- Execute – have to get the job done
Leadership Grid (Stovall Weems)
- Lowest level of leadership – they can’t see the need for change
- They see it but don’t feel it
- They see it but you can’t fix it
- They see it and can fix it
- They see it and can make it better than before
If staff are not #4-5 on the leadership grid they probably need to be a volunteer.
The goal is more important than the role!!! No matter what titles people have today that can all change tomorrow.