“Be still and know that I am God.”
~ Psalm 46:10 ~
Have you ever noticed that when you stop and listen you can actually hear? Amazing right? When you are stuck in the rapid routine of living it often clogs our ears from actually focusing on anything. Being still seems awkward, but it should be normal. At least to the believer. We should not always be consumed with activity. There are times when we need more than a dramatic pause … we need a break … a time to refocus and rcalibrate!
Over the last 13 days I have found that place. I hope you have too. It is amazing what we hear when we actually listen. Did you know if you re-arrange the letters in LISTEN you actually get SILENT? Waiting on God is more of an exercise in being quiet. That is so tough for me. I love to talk. I love to even just talk to God. But sometimes I simply need to sit in silence and listen. That has happened several times over the last 13 days.
When you are “still” and waiting on God I believe several things happen:
- Your focus shifts. Our lives begin to focus on what truly matters.
- Your passion grows. Our passion for God becomes bigger than we could ever dream.
- Your vision enlarges. Our ability to see seems almost foolish to others.
- Your impact increases. Our influence locally and beyond increases beyond our ability.
- Your prayers answered. Our bold prayers become bold responses from a loving God.
Slow down. Don’t let life pass you by. Look for the God-sized opportunities all around us. Believe God. Don’t let anyone rob you of the dreams that God has placed in your life. Circles the promises of God.
Be still. It changes everything – perspective, vision, etc.