I Don’t Understand!
“You don’t understand now what I am doing, but someday you will.”
I think one of the most challenging seasons of life takes place when we don’t understand what we are going through or why we are going through it – whatever it is! Jesus gives some re-assuring words in the above verse … he basically says, “Right now it is hard for you to know they whats and the whys but one day you will.”
I believe too many people, myself included, are looking for answers immediately when God is saying be patient in the process! At the right time you will know why you went through what you went through.
What to do when you don’t understand?
- Wait. One of the hardest things in life to do is wait, but the Bible says, “Be still and know that I am God.” Waiting gives us clarity.
- Trust. Don’t lose sight that God has a plan and a purpose. “Trust in the Lord with all of your heart.”
- Focus. The enemy often uses distractions to get our eyes off of Jesus. Stay focused on Him.
- Remind. Keep reminding yourself that God has good plans for his children. He is working behind the scenes on your behalf.
- Stay determined. Never quit. Don’t give up one heartbeat away from your miracle. Push the limits and pursue Him.
Someday we will all understand what we have gone through and why. God is working on your life! There is a reason to every season.