Lessons from Pastor @KyleJHorner #CUAllTeamMeeting
Great churches are not built on the gifts of the few but the sacrifice of the many.
It was Jesus’ purpose to go to the cross, but He could not get there alone. Simon of Cyrene was called out to help him carry the weight (Matthew 27:32). You are called to carry the weight of the leadership God has placed over you.
Are you willing to carry the weight?
THE CROSS OF LOSS
- Love people tightly, but hold them loosely.
- Some seeds need to die so others can live.
- Develop a purposed pursuit (Luke 15).
- Go with those who want to grow.
THE CROSS OF TRANSITION
- Ask yourself, “Who is leading who?”
- Leaders always make decisions out of vision.
- Vision will frustrate your future.
- Leaders must learn to wear restraints.
THE CROSS OF AMBIGUITY
- You will never fully understand the vision God has given your leadership. Trust them.
- Every Sunday counts.
- “Every day is somebody’s first day at Disney.” (W. Disney).
- Noah built something no one had ever seen before (Genesis 6:7). A little ambiguous.
- Are you following the plan?
- Church is messy.
CROSS OF EXAMPLE
- Jesus did not invite people into a program – he invited them into His life.
- Culture is determined by what you say, what you do & what you allow.
- Your example releases something in someone else.
- Don’t connect people to you – connect them to Jesus.
CROSS OF OTHERS
- It is not about you.
- Don’t make it about you.
CROSS OF HIDDEN PRAISE
- Are you okay when someone gets the praise/recognition you think you deserve?
- Don’t seek the applause.
- Be okay when the only one who sees you is God.