Lessons from @CMNetwork Rountable w/ @MarkBatterson
I love putting myself in growth environments. They happen a lot and they happen often. Whether going to a conference, hanging with leaders, investing in staff or simply my personal growth. Leaders must be learners! But anytime I get an opportunity to visit Mark Batterson and National Community Church I am going to take advantage. Honored to be able to do that this week. Love rubbing shoulders with incredible leaders.
So here’s my top learnings:
- Ministry is too tough not to have fun.
- Take careful note of the people who have blessed your life.
- Holy Spirit + Caffeine = Awesome
- The mouth reproduces what it hears. Guard what you are listening to.
- When God does a miracle the best way to steward the miracle is by believing for bigger miracles.
- Nothing is sacred. Everything is always on the table.
- Tough Conversations. Grace + Truth
- Tough Decision Process. 1. Stay humble 2. Include People 3. See Big Picture 4. Prayer
- If you live off compliments you will probably die by criticism. <— my favorite from the day
- The challenge of ministry. Tough Skin and Tender Heart.
- Warren Buffet spends 80% of his day reading.
- Change of Place + Change of Pace = Change of Perspective
- Culture eats vision for lunch.
- Biggest leadership challenge –> INSECURITY
- The Kingdom is not a democracy.
- Let your vision determine your budget.
It was pretty cool to listen to Brad Lomenick too. He is a great student of culture and leadership. But it was equally amazing to meet Chris Railey – what a gifted leader & communicator. Love his vision and passion.
Anytime I have a chance to learn I am taking advantage. I hope you feel the same! That’s the place you get anointing dripped on you!