Learnings from 2017 X Conference. #XConf2017
My heart is so blown away by what took place on Thursday at our X Conference. I could not believe how God showed up in our facility. It was so incredible to see 170 pastors/leaders from 70+ churches/ministries get together to grow. So many leadership lessons, truth bombs and practical tools were given to us. Wow.
All this was made possible because of our church – Church Unleashed – that made this happen. Every staff member and volunteer worked their tails off to serve our guests. It was done with excellence, passion and purpose. Mary and I are so grateful to lead this incredible group of people – who believe, like us, that it’s not just about our church. That’s why we do it!
I am also thankful for the many pastors who spoke. Incredible friends who believe in the importance of investing in other leaders – Dino Rizzo, Chris Durso, Tim Chambers, Kyle Horner, Marcus Gill, David Crosby, Steve Milazzo, Anthony Milas, Jamaal Bernard, Frank Santora, Mike Jankowski, Joseph Nieves & Anthony Pellela. Can’t wait for X Conference 2019 …… or maybe 2018.
Here are my top learnings:
- Proximity to God is everything.
- Ledges and edges can be very lethal.
- Make sure you tend to your garden.
- Know your pitfalls, peaks, plateaus & pity parties.
- When most of your prayer is for presentation than personal you will end up with a deficit.
- When you are tired you walk past too many things.
- Don’t let a bad Sunday ruin your family’s Sunday.
- When we don’t build up the Kingdom we tear it down.
- Speak good about everyone.
- Honor – God, I agree with your choice.
- If we don’t seek holiness – we reap filthiness.
- If we don’t pursue the future we will perish in the past.
- You can’t just speak vision – you must bleed vision.
- Tenure does not equal impact.
- Implementing someone else’s plan can become your poison.
- Church culture is not accidental.
- Learn from other people.
- Ask good questions.
- Miracles start with what we have – not what we don’t.
- You and I often see ONE, but God sees a HUNDRED.
- Faith changes everything. God is attracted to faith.
- God can only multiply what you manage well.
- Anything that refuses to be broken refuses to be blessed.
I wish I was able to sit in every session, but that was impossible. It was an incredible day for me and our church. Simply blown away.
Here’s a few pics of the day: