Lessons from Craig Johnson @cjnsami
It was such an honor to host Craig Johnson this weekend. He is an incredible gift to Mary and I, but he has become such a gift to our church. His passion is infectious. Craig serves as the Executive Pastor at Lakewood Church – with Joel & Victoria Osteen – but he is also the founder and Executive Director of Champions Club – a ministry to families blessed with special needs children. His leadership principles and dynamics rival any communicator.
Here are just a few takeaways from this weekend:
- When you have done all you can do that’s when God moves best.
- Don’t get stuck. Do something different.
- You can only get God ideas from sitting at the feet of Jesus.
- Stop renting. Start owning.
- Renters – less commitment. Owners – building equity.
- Owners are all in.
- This is MY church. Own your church.
- You don’t have to labor for God’s favor.
- What you cannot see God can!
- Always take ownership for what God gives you.
- Owning builds equity for the future. It’s an inheritance.
- When you are all in God always give you a return.
- Something powerful happens when you give something you want to keep.
- Huge risks release big rewards.
- If you can tell someone how you did it maybe it was not God.
- Good idea – I wish I thought of that.
- God idea – I would never have thought of that.
- A book/seminar/conference will not get you to where you want to be – only God can.
It was a powerful Volunteer Conference with several leaders from our church. Amazing. So blown away and grateful for the doors God has opened up for Mary and me.